By clicking this link for Quick Entry, you agree that you have read the event information carried on this page...
The Malabar Magic Ocean Swim offers two swims in the relatively protected waters of Malabar Bay - 1km and 2.5km. Registration, prizes, bbq and entertainment will be on parkland above the beach.
Proceeds from this swim benefit children with a disability who learn to swim at 22 Rainbow Clubs across NSW. Please go to the Malabar Magic Ocean Swim website for full event details (link below), then use the entry links to come back here to enter online.
About your entry...
- Swim starts are 9am (1km) and 10am (2.5km)
- We accept only Mastercard and Visa
- Minimum age is 10 in the 1km event and 13 in the 2.5km swim
- Online entries close at 3pm on Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Registration on-the-day opens at 7am
- Swimmers with a disability welcome
For more information about the event and to start fundraising... Click here
Teams are encouraged to set a target to raise funds for Rainbow Club. We will be happy to provide with tips on fundraising to all our registered swimmers - Email
- 4 swimmers per team, either 1km or 2.5km
- Teams may enter the 1k or 2.5k swim in the Open Category (no age restrictions)
- The first team member to enter should pick and share a team name. All other members of the team should enter the exact team name when they register
- There is no extra charge for team entries
- Teams are requested to fundraise for Rainbow Club so they can reach out to more children with a disability and teach them to swim
- Teams may comprise male and/or female swimmers and all members of a team must finish
- Teams can include a maximum of 1 Elite Wave swimmer
Under 18 swimmers
Parents/guardians of swimmers aged under 18 must complete the online entry form, not the swimmers themselves. They must include their consent to the entry with full name and phone contact. Just a phone number, a first name, or a number and first name will not do. Entries of U18 swimmers are not complete without this complete parental/guardian consent. Entries of U18 swimmers must use the parent's email, address, not that of the U18 entrant.
War on plastic
This year, in an effort to keep our beaches beautiful and do our bit for the environment, the Malabar Magic is trying to eliminate the requirement for single use plastic water bottles. The event is providing water refilling stations on event day. All participants are encouraged to bring their own bottles or purchase a Malabar Magic water bottle (you can order it aas you enter online) ready for collection on event day.
Hydration and fruit will be available for all swimmers and spectators.
See links below to enter online and/or to order merch, including water bottles, or to donate.
When you enter online, you will receive the option to make an additional donation to the Rainbow Club to support its learn-to-swim programs for children with a disability.
Options to donate are -
$15 = 1 individualised swimming lessons for a child with a disability
$30 = 2 individualised swimming lessons for a child with a disability
$60 = 4 individualised swimming lessons for a child with a disability
$130 = Term of swimming lessons for a child with a disability
Support the Rainbow Club
Rainbow Club helps children with a disability learn to swim and be safe in the water. We engage qualified instructors to provide subsidised lessons. If you would like to help us make swimming accessible to children with a disability, you can -
- Donate &/or buy a T-Shirt when paying your entry fee.
- Fundraise for your own challenge. You can set up your own fundraising page HERE.
- Refer sponsorship opportunities to us by contacting Rob Lloyd on 0419 276 762 or Catriona Barry on 0417 221 119 or [email protected]ainbowclubaust.com.au
Donate and order merch
If you'd like to order your Murray Rose Malabar Magic event t-shirts, separately from entry to the swims, for pick-up on swim day, or to donate as per above... Click here
To check your entry... Click here
Please read this first: Any problems you encounter in entering this event are likely to be caused by browser conflicts. Don't hit the Submit button more than once: you will be charged each time you press it. If you run into problems, if your entry appears to fail, don't try to enter again until you have checked the progress entries list (there's a link to this above), and check your card statement to see whether a charge has been debited. If your confirmation email doesn't turn up, check your Spam and Trash folders. If all these checks return negatives, it's probably safe to try again. But ensure you have the most recent version of your browser, or use a different browser, or try from a different computer. If there's still a problem, email us and we'll try to sort it out. Refunds are available prior to close of online entries and are subject to an administration fee of $10.
We take Visa and Mastercard only.
To enter this event... Click here