By clicking this link for Quick Entry, you agree that you have read the event information carried on this page..
Shellharbour Ocean Swim
Shellharbour's flagship event is one of the nicest swims you will ever do. It runs from a small boat harbour, around a rock platform, and along a stunning reef into Shellharbour beach. It's a lovely, lovely swim, highlighting a stunning, reefy bottom with all the sea life that goes with it. It truly is a beautiful swim.
Organisers say -
Leave the sandy foreshore of Shellharbour Boat Harbour heading through the boat harbour entrance, then swim out and north around Cowries headland, thenfollow the foreshore to Cunji Rock Platform and onto the main patrolled beach at North Shellharbour. Fine and mild autumn conditions prevail at this time of the year. Water temperatures are still favourable for swimmers and wetsuits are not generaly required.
What you need to know...
- Event - Bluescope WIN Community Partners Shellharbour Ocean Swim
- Organiser - Shellharbour SLSC
- Distance - 1.2km, 400m Junior (8-12 only), Dash for Cash
- Venue - Main event from Boat Harbour to Shellharbour main beach, with the 400m Junior swim in front of the surf club. The Dash for Cash also will run in front of the surf club.
- Time/Date - Sunday, April 7, 2019, 9am start for the Junior 400m, 10:15am start for the 1.2km main event.
- Registration - Shellharbour SLSC, 8am-8:30am (400m) and 8am-9:30am (1.2km) - Swimmers must allow time to check-in/register, then to walk to race start at Boat Harbour).
- Entry fee - $35 ($45 on race day) or $15 for 400m Jr swim. Dash for Cash is free to entrants of the Main or Junior swim.
- Anything Goes - Back of the pack division for swimmers who wish to wear wetties or use some other aid, such as fins, pull buoys, fancy dress, or anything else (provided it's legal, organisers say).
- Online entries close - 3pm, Saturday, April 6, 2019
- Under 18 swimmers - Parents/guardians of swimmers aged under 18 must complete the online entry form, not the swimmers themselves. They must include their consent to the entry with full name and phone contact. Just a phone number, a first name, or a number and first name will not do. Entries of U18 swimmers are not complete without this complete parental/guardian consent. Entries of U18 swimmers must use parent's email address, not that of the U18 entrant.
- Race day entries - ... will be taken at Shellharbour SLSC until 9:30am (cash or credit card).
- Conditions - Start through Boat Harbour is protected, with an easy run out through the harbour entrance and around the rock platform. Past the point, the swim can be bumpy with swell bouncing off the rocks, depending on swell direction. Stay out from the rocks. Then course runs in through the break onto Shellharbour beach. 400m Jr swim runs out and back through beach break at Shellharbour main beach.
- Mimimum age - 13 (1.2km), 8 (400m)
- Further info - website or email or phone 0408 316 630 Shellharbour SLSC... Click here... Or download event flyer...
- Progress entries - To check progress online entries... Click here
Please read this first: Any problems you encounter in entering this event are likely to be caused by browser conflicts. Don't hit the Submit button more than once: you will be charged each time you press it. If you run into problems, if your entry appears to fail, don't try to enter again until you have checked the progress entries list (there's a link to this above), and check your card statement to see whether a charge has been debited. If your confirmation email doesn't turn up, check your Spam and Trash folders. If all these checks return negatives, it's probably safe to try again. But ensure you have the most recent version of your browser, or use a different browser, or try from a different computer. If there's still a problem, email us and we'll try to sort it out. Refunds are available prior to close of online entries and are subject to an administration fee of $10.
To enter this event now... Click here
Where it is...