By clicking this link for Quick Entry, you agree that you have read the event information carried on this page...
This is the kind of journey swim that suits this time of year far better than high summer, with its prevailing nor'-easters and chop. With a bit of luck, there'll be a light offshore breeze blowing, smoothing the sea and the swell. It will be a great opportunity for a first hand geek on a really beautiful reef, with all its colours and sea life. The swim along the cliff from South Curly to the point at Freshwater is stunning.
Organisers say: "Approximately 2km 'destination swim' from South Curl Curl Beach around the headland to Freshwater Beach. Swimmers are provided with a fantastic course taking in a small amount of reef, a small amount of blue water, but mostly sandy bottom. Spectators will enjoy practically 100% views of the swim as they follow along the new walkway built along the Curly headland. "
Be aware, like many swims this season, this event will not take entries on race day. This means, all entries must be online through this page, with entries closing at 3pm on Saturday, May 1, 2021.
There is also a cap of 300 entrants to this swim. Don't leave your entry to the last.
- Event - South Curl Curl Ocean Swim
- Organiser - South Curl Curl SLSC
- Distance - c. 2km
- Venue - South Curl Curl Beach, registration in the surf club. Course goes south around the point to Freshwater. If the weather conspires against this course, organisers will look to running over an alternative circuit course off Curl Curl beach.
- Time/Date - Sunday, May 2, 2021, 8:30am race start (sharp)
- Registration - race day - 7-8am
- Entry fee - $35 (No race day entries)
- Online entries close - 3pm, Saturday, May 1, 2021
- Mimimum age - 14
- Under 18 swimmers - Parents/guardians of swimmers aged under 18 must complete the online entry form, not the swimmers themselves. They must include their consent to the entry with full name and phone contact. Just a phone number, a first name, or a number and first name will not do. Entries of U18 swimmers are not complete without this complete parental/guardian consent. Entries of U18 swimmers must use the parent's email, address, not that of the U18 entrant.
- Conditions - This swim runs along the cliff from South Curl Curl to Freshwater. The course holds the peloton out to sea a little, avoiding the worst of the backwash from the swell bumping into the cliff. At this time of year, there's a good chance the wind will be offshore, however, and this will smooth conditions considerably. This is a glorious swim at its best, and an adventure, much like Tama-Cloey, when conditions are more difficult.
- Covid – There will be no Presentation and BBQ held. Gear transport will be provided to finish area but no competitor transport back to start will be available.
- Maximum entries - 300.
- To check progress online entries... Click here
- More info - Download South Curl Curl flyer... Click here… or entry form…Click here
The South Curly swim follows the rock shelf around from South Curl Curl to Freshwater.
Please read this first: Any problems you encounter in entering this event are likely to be caused by browser conflicts. Don't hit the Submit button more than once: you will be charged each time you press it. If you run into problems, if your entry appears to fail, don't try to enter again until you have checked the progress entries list (there's a link to this above), and check your card statement to see whether a charge has been debited. If your confirmation email doesn't turn up, check your Spam and Trash folders. If all these checks return negatives, it's probably safe to try again. But ensure you have the most recent version of your browser, or use a different browser, or try from a different computer. If there's still a problem, email us and we'll try to sort it out. Refunds are available prior to close of online entries and are subject to an administration fee of $10. A $2.50 service fee attaches to all online entries at check-out.
Note that we accept only Visa and Mastercard.
To enter this event now... Click here
Where it's at...