STOP PRESS (Fri, Mar 26, 2021,11:02): Organisers say: 'The Race Director has advised that the 2021 Beachside Radiology Coffs Ocean Swims WILL BE proceeding'.
By clicking this link for Quick Entry, you agree that you have read the event information carried on this page...
Coffs Ocean Swims
This event is now organised by the Sawtell Surf Life Saving Club.
All swims are held at Coffs Harbour's protected Jetty Beach. The waters are pristine with abundant sea life.
This is the 24th year of the Coffs Ocean Swims. The event offers a 600m swim around the iconic timber Jetty, minimum age 10. The main event is the 2km harbour swim, minimum age 14 years. Junior Swims are also on offer for 8-10 year olds (150m) and 11-13year olds (300m).
The event is held at Coffs Harbour's Jetty Beach, Jordan Esplanade Coffs Harbour on the beautiful mid north coast.
All profits from the event will be distributed to local charities and community groups.
What you need to know...
- Date - March 28, 2021, from 8am
- Manager - Sawtell SLSC
- Swim type - Protected beach/harbour
- Distances - 600m (8am), 2km (9:30am), Junior Swims (150m - 8:40am, 300m - 9am)
- Minimum age -
- 2000m - 14
- 600m - 10
- 300m - 11-13
- 150m - 8-10
- Entry fees -
- 2000m - $40
- 600m - $30
- 300m - $15
- 150m - $15
- 2000m + 600m - $60
- 600m + 300m - $40
- Race day entries - with a $10 penalty
- Elite/Open wave – The 2000m swim will include an Elite/Open wave. Please choose this option, if necessary, when entering online. There is a limit fo 50 swimmers each of Male and Female swimmers in the Elite/Open wave.
- Beneficiary - All proceeds go to local charities.
- Course details -
- 600m swim begins in two waves, Male and Female. The swim starts on the south side of the Jetty and is U-shape 250m x 100m x 250m
- 150m children's swim-wade is conducted on the north side of the Jetty. Children wade through the small waves, swim along behind these waves, wade ashore and run to the finish line... all fun.
- 300m swim for older children starts at a similar position as the earlier swim/wade. The course is triangular, out to the jetty turn right and swim parallel to the jetty back to the finish line.
- 2000m Beachside Radiology swim begins on the north side of the Jetty. Six large white buoys and many surf club water safety personnel will guide swimmers around the largely protected harbour swim.
- Prizes - Event t-shirts to all placings.
- Wetties, aids - If the water temperature is above 26 Deg C, wetsuits will be discouraged. Swimmers may wear wetsuits and flippers but will not be eligible for prizes.
- Online entries close - 3pm, Saturday, March 27, 2021
- Roll-over entries from 2020 - If you entered this cancelled event in 2020, check our list of roll-over entries. If your name appears you do NOT need too re-enter... Click here
- Access - There is a concrete ramp to the beach. Volunteers can assist with access in and out of the water.
- Enquiries - Email... Click here
- More info - Download entry form (pdf file) for more details...
- Progress online entries - Includes roll-over entries from 2020… Click here
Visiting Coffs for the swim?
If you're looking for accommodation in Coffs over swim weekend, find it through the Coffs Coast tourism accommodation listings… Click here
Please read this: Any problems you encounter in entering this event online are likely to be caused by browser conflicts. If you run into problems, please try using a different browser, or a later version of your browser, or try from a different PC. Remember, do not enter or pay for this swim twice. If you run into problems that you can't resolve with this advice, email us and we'll sort it out. Refunds are available only prior to close of online entries, and are subject to an admin fee of $10. After you've entered, check the progress online entries list (link above or under swims/progress entries) to make sure your entry has been recorded correctly. If your confirmation email doesn't turn up, check your Spam and Trash folders. A non-refundable $2.50 service fee attaches to all online entries at check-out.
We take Visa and Mastercard only.
To enter this event... Click here
Where it is...