It's a glorious location for a swim, is Bondi.
By clicking this link for Quick Entry, you agree that you have read the event information carried on this page...
A different course around Bondi, this time run by Bondi Surf Bathers Life Saving Club from near the centre of the beach. Main swim is a champagne glass-shaped course which runs out from in front of Bondi surf club, out towards McKenzies Pt, across towards Ben Buckler at the northern end of Bondi, then back into the surf club near the beach's centre.
This is a different journey around Bondi Bay. The course is different from other Bondi swims, and the start and finish traverse the break mid-beach so potentially offer vastly different conditions, as well.
This season is the second year that the 4km beach run is part of the program.
Niippers can do the Nipper Challenge, a melange of beach and water events with distances determined on race day in the light of conditions. This is an 8-nipper team event. Open to Nipper members of the SLSA. See below for more.
Come down and join the "end of summer celebration on the famous Bondi Beach".
This event offers early bird entry fees. The rates below all rise by $5 from December 24.
What you need to know...
- Event - Bondi Bluewater Challenge
- Organiser - Bondi Surf Bathers Life Saving Club (SBLSC)
- Distances - 2.1km Swim, 1km Swim, and 4km Beach Run (see graphics below for courses), and Nipper Challenge
- Teams - Four-person teams in 2.1km swim only. Team registrations close at 5pm on Friday, February 22. All team members must enter as individuals, noting their team name in the appropriate space on the online entry form.
- Nipper Challenge - A team event over five different disciplines - Surf Teams, Ocean Events Relay, Flags, Beach Relay, Novelty Beach Relay. Open to registered Nippers 9-12. Enter as individuals here and nominate your team in the Corporate Team box on the entry portal. Distances for water events will be determined on swim day in light of conditions.Parental consent - Parents/guardians of swimmers aged under 18 must complete the online entry form, not the swimmers themselves. They must include their consent to the entry with full name and phone contact entered in the Emergency contact field. Just a phone number, a first name, or a number and first name will not do. Entries of U18 swimmers are not complete without this complete parental/guardian consent.
- Venue - Bondi Beach, register in front of the surf club mid-beach.
- Time/Date - Sunday, February 24, 2019, 8am (Beach Run), 9:15am (1km), 10:30am (2.1km)
- Registration - Race day - 7:30am-9am
- Entry fee - (Early bird entry fees below. These entry fees all rise by $5 on December 24.)
- 1km Swim - $40 ($50 on swim day)
- 2.1km Swim - $40 ($50 on swim day)
- 1km + 2.1km Swims - $65 ($80 on swim day)
- 4km Beach Run - $40 ($50 on swim day)
- 4km Beach Run + 1km Swim - $65 ($80 on race day)
- 4km Beach Run + 2.1km Swim - $65 ($80 on race day)
- 4km Beach Run + 1km Swim + 2.1km Swim -
- Nipper Challenge - $30
- Online entries close - 3pm, Saturday, February 23, 2019
- Conditions - Bondi offers a wide open beach break characterised by sandbanks, gutters, rips and currents.
- Mimimum age - 13 for swims, 10 for the Beach Run, 9-12 for the Nipper Challenge.
- Under 18 swimmers - Parents/guardians of swimmers aged under 18 must complete the online entry form, not the swimmers themselves. They must include their consent to the entry with full name and phone contact (keyed into Emergency Contact fields). Just a phone number, a first name, or a number and first name will not do. Entries of U18 swimmers are not complete without this complete parental/guardian consent. Entries of U18 swimmers must use the parent's email, address, not that of the U18 entrant.
- Categories - 5-year age groups, Male and Female
- Parking and transport - Parking at Bondi is difficult. Take public transport if possible.
- Further info - Website... Email
- Progress entries - For a list of progress online entries... Click here
Please read this first: Any problems you encounter in entering this event are likely to be caused by browser conflicts. Don't hit the Submit button more than once: you will be charged each time you press it. If you run into problems, if your entry appears to fail, don't try to enter again until you have checked the progress entries list (there's a link to this above), and check your card statement to see whether a charge has been debited. If your confirmation email doesn't turn up, check your Spam and Trash folders. If all these checks return negatives, it's probably safe to try again. But ensure you have the most recent version of your browser, or use a different browser, or try from a different computer. If there's still a problem, email us and we'll try to sort it out. Refunds are available prior to close of online entries and are subject to an administration fee of $10.
We take Visa and Mastercard only.
Enter this event now... Click here
Where it is...
Beach run course