By clicking this link for Quick Entry, you agree that you have read the event information carried on this page...
Organisers say -
Just a short drive from south Sydney you'll find one of the South Coast's most fun and varied ocean swim events - all part of the multi-event Gamble Law Splash Wollongong.
Organisers have put in place a covid safe event plan and will continue to monitor and follow NSW Health advice.
All swimmers tastes are covered. There’s the signature 2km Basin2beach ocean swim, along with 800m and 400m harbours swims and the all new challenge for swimmers of ‘swimrunX’- the 2km Basin2beach ocean swim and a 3km run. Enter swimrunX and it counts for both the ocean swim and the swimrunx aquathon. Take on the challenge.
The main swim is the point to point 2km McKeon's Swim School 'Basin2Beach', offering an exciting mix of harbour, ocean and beach.
Always On - with a back up harbour swim option, the event can proceed in near all conditions, so you can enter and no worry.
Other events include aquathons (swim and run) from the harbour, and SwimrunX.
An ideal end-of-summer day trip from Sydney, the Splash Wollongong presents a fantastic opportunity to try something different, and enjoy the relaxed nature of Wollongong's premier beach.
- Event - Wollongong Splash
- Distance/Start times - 2km (Basin2Beach, min age 14*, 10.30am), 800m (Harbour Splash, min age 12, 9:45am), 400m (Harbour swim, ages 7+, 9:45am). 800m and 400m divided into start waves based on gender and distance.
- New event - SwimrunX Aquathon – 2km ocean swim (basin2beach) and 3k run.
- Venue - Wollongong Harbour
- Date - Saturday, March 6, 2021
- Registration - And race-day check-in, 8:30-10am (City Beach SLSC), (as well as entry online here).
- Courses - To see swim courses... Click here
- Entry fees -
- 2km - 18+ $50, U18 $40 (From March 1 - 18+ 55, U18 $45)
- 800m - 18+ $30, U18 $25 (From March 1 - 18+ 35, U18 $30)
- Both 2km + 800m - 18+ $60, U18 $45 (From March 1, 18+ $70, U18 $55)
- 400m - 18+ $25, U18 $20 (From March 1, 18+ $30, U18 25)
- SwimrunX - 18+ $70, U18 $55 (From March 1, 18+ $80, U18 $65)
- Online entries close - 10am, Saturday, March 6, 2021
- Age categories -
- 2km: U18, 18-34, 35-45, 46-59, 60+
- 800m: U18, 18-39, 40+
- 400m: U14, 14+
- SwimrunX: U18, 18-34, 35-45, 46-59, 60+
- Under 18 swimmers - Parents/guardians of swimmers aged under 18 must complete the online entry form, not the swimmers themselves. They must include their consent to the entry with full name and phone contact. Just a phone number, a first name, or a number and first name will not do. Entries of U18 swimmers are not complete without this complete parental/guardian consent and such entries will not be accepted. Entries of U18 swimmers must use the parent's email address, not that of the U18 entrant.
- Age restrictions - 2km min 14, 800m min 12, 400m 7 years
- Prizes - Overall, age category and spot prizes (refer website)
- Event program - For a rundown of the day's program... Click here
- Services - Baggage transport for the Wollongong Splash, refreshments, change facilities, showers (North Beach and continental pool), timing and professional services.
- Water conditions - Organisers say: Start in Wollongong Basin offers very gentle water with no shore dump. 2km runs to North Beach, which means coming in through a break, albeit on a beach protected somewhat by the basin promontory. 800m and 400m start and finish in the Basin, so should offer no difficult conditions in terms of swell or break under normal circumstances. Beach break at North Beach will be affected by tide. On race day, high tide in Wollongong is at 4:27am, so 2km swim will come into North Beach on a tide well on the way to low.
- Parking - On street and in car parks around the Basin.
- Check progress online entries... Click here
Please read this first: Any problems you encounter in entering this event are likely to be caused by browser conflicts. Don't hit the Submit button more than once: you will be charged each time you press it. If you run into problems, if your entry appears to fail, don't try to enter again until you have checked the progress entries list (there's a link to this above), and check your card statement to see whether a charge has been debited. If your confirmation email doesn't turn up, check your Spam and Trash folders. If all these checks return negatives, it's probably safe to try again. But ensure you have the most recent version of your browser, or use a different browser, or try from a different computer. If there's still a problem, email us and we'll try to sort it out. Refunds are available prior to close of online entries and are subject to an administration fee of $10. A service fee of $2.50 attaches to each online entry at check-out.
We take Visa and Mastercard only.
Enter this swim now... Click here
Where it is...