By clicking this link for Quick Entry, you agree that you have read the event information carried on this page...
Cook Community Classic
Return of this event after a year's hiatus due to Covid-19. The event also returns to South Cronulla beach (the beach known to those from outside the Sutherland Shire as,simply, Cronulla beach). It's part of a multi-sport carnival now in its 9th year run by the Bate Bay surf life saving clubs with the support of the local MP and Prime Minister, Scott Morrison. The program includes ocean swims over two distances. The change in venue back to South Cronulla, after two years at North Cronulla, is with the completion of building works on Cronulla SLSC clubhouse, which makes that beach a usable venue once more.
What you need to know...
- Event - Cook Community Classic
- Organiser - Cook Community Classic Organising Committee with Bate Bay surf life saving clubs.
- Distance - 2km, 1km
- Venue - (South) Cronulla beach, Cronulla Park
- Courses - Circuits run from South Cronulla beach
- Time/Date - Sunday, November 21, 2021, 9am (1km swim), 10am (2km swim)
- Registration - Online here, or at Cronulla Park on swim day. Race day entries and check-in close at 8:30am (1km) and 9:30am (2km)
- Entry fee - 2km - $40 ($50 on race day), 1km - $30 ($40), Both swims $70 online. All entrants receive a swim cap and event t-shirt.
- Online entries close - 3pm, Saturday, November 20, 2021
- Prize money -
- 2km - $200, $100, $50 M/F,
- 1km - $100, $50, $30 M/F
- Youth Award - $100 IMB Bank Account + Merchandise Pack both 1km & 2km
- Over 40 Award - $100 IMB Bank Account + Merchandise Pack 1km & 2km
- Over 50 Award - $100 IMB Bank Account + Merchandise Pack 1km & 2km
- Over 60 Award - $100 IMB Bank Account + Merchandise Pack 1km & 2km
- Under 18 swimmers - Parents/guardians of swimmers aged under 18 must complete the online entry form, not the swimmers themselves. They must include their consent to the entry with full name and phone contact. Just a phone number, a first name, or a number and first name will not do. Entries of U18 swimmers are not complete without this complete parental/guardian consent. U18 entrants must use the email address of their parent/guardian.
- Conditions - South Cronulla beach is tucked into a corner exposed to the north-east but partially sheltered from the woest of the southerly weather and seas. There is a runout in the corner, along the rocks, and there are gutters and banks a little wider.
- Mimimum age - 10 (1km), 13 (2km)
- Phone contact - Be sure to enter a valid Australian mobile number with your entry online. Organisers may decide to send sms messages to entrants advising of changes to event arrangments. If you don't leave a valid Australian mobile number, you won't receive them.
- Further info - See event website... Click here
- Progress online entries - To check progress entries online... Closer to event day
Please read this: Any problems you encounter in entering this event online are likely to be caused by browser conflicts. If you run into problems, please try using a different browser, or a later version of your browser, or try from a different PC. Remember, do not enter or pay for this swim twice. If you run into problems that you can't resolve with this advice, email us and we'll sort it out. Refunds are available only prior to close of online entries, and are subject to an admin fee of $10. After you've entered, check the progress online entries list (link above or under swims/progress entries) to make sure your entry has been recorded correctly. If your confirmation email doesn't turn up, check your Spam and Trash folders. A servide fee of $2.50 applies to all online entries, added at check-out.
We accept Mastercard and Visa.
Enter this event now... Closer to event day
Where it is...