Vladswim Balmoral Challenge
Not to be confused with the Balmoral Swim for Cancer, run on March 28, 2021, and which has an almost identical url. This event is for swimmers who seek a longer distance in relatively benign water. It starts and finishes at Chinamans Beach, but the course runs around the headland to Balmoral. It's privately run by the Vladswim group.
In 2020, this event is being run as a Virtual swim. This means you do the distance of your choice (from the available options and within the available dates) and submit your times.
- Venue - Virtual – venues flexible
- Date, time - Sunday, December 11-20, 2020,
- Manager - VladSwim
- Swim type - Virtual ocean or pool
- Distances - Ocean - 10km, 5km, 2.5km; Pool - 1000m,1500m, 2000m, 2500m, 3000m
- Minimum age - 14
- Swim caps - Provided, SLSA-approved fluoro colours
- Wetsuits - "You may swim in a wetsuit if you wish to, however those intending to use this swim as a qualifier must adhere to the rules set out by the specific race organiser. Swimmers competing in wetsuits will not be awarded winners medals should you come first, second or third in one of the events (2.5 km, 5 km or 10 km)."
- Entry fees - $25 for any event or combination of events.
- Website - Click here... Email
Where it is...