By clicking this link for Quick Entry, you agree that you have read the event information carried on this page...
COWS Cold Water Classic
A new swim in Queensland! Two distances in the sheltered waters of Raby Baby, in Brisbane's south-east. Event is run in support of Albatross Nippers, nippers with a disability, with the support of Nobbys Beach SLSC.
Note that, as with most events during Covid, all entries will be online prior to race day. No entries will be accepted on race day.
What you need to know…
- Event – COWS Cold Water Classic
- Date, time – Saturday, June 5, 2021, from 9:00
- Manager – Albatross Nippers with Nobbys Beach SLSC
- Swim type – Protected beach
- Distances – 1500m (11+ years), 300m (9-10 years only)
- Entry fees – 1.5KM – $40, 300M Jr – $25
- Minimum age – 9
- Details – Organisers say –
Swimming in the calm protected waters off the Raby Bay foreshore the COWS (Cleveland Open Water Swimmers) Cold Water Classic is a great chance to continue to test your swimming progress over the cooler months.
The swim follows the fixed swimming buoys/channel where the swimmers are never no more than 50m from the shore and where spectators and family can watch their swimmers from the beach and walking path.
Start time is 9:00am with wave starts in respective age groups.
Wetsuits will be allowed for this event.
Swim caps provided in SLSA-approved fluoro colours.
- Race day – Registration and collection of swim packs from 8:00am at the tent situated on the grass behind the second beach. Finish line is under the Pink Hogs Breath Arch.
- Entries – Note that, as with most events during Covid, all entries will be online prior to race day. No entries will be accepted on race day.
- Online entries close – 3pm, Friday, June 4, 2021
- Access – As the event is a fundraiser for children with special needs, we will have beach access tax/matting available as well as free use of a beach wheelchair to assist in access to the water.
- Enquiries – Email Nick Marshall… Click here… or phone 0419 753 917
- Progress entries – To check your entry, see this list of progress entries… Click here
Please read this: Any problems you encounter in entering this event online are likely to be caused by browser conflicts. If you run into problems, please try using a different browser, or a later version of your browser, or try from a different PC. Remember, do not enter or pay for this swim twice. If you run into problems that you can't resolve with this advice, email us and we'll sort it out. Refunds are available only prior to close of online entries, and are subject to an admin fee of $10. After you've entered, check the progress online entries list (link above or under swims/progress entries) to make sure your entry has been recorded correctly. If your confirmation email doesn't turn up, check your Spam and Trash folders. A non-refundable $2.50 service fee (non-refundable) attaches to all online entries at check-out.
We take Visa and Mastercard only.
To enter this event... Click here
Where it is...